Tuesday 8 April 2014

Rymill The Yearling Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 and Barrosa Trip


The first step of my wine plan is to taste different types of wine in the BWS and get to know the taste. So far I have tired Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Rose and Moscato. (My wine friend said Moscato is not wine. I am also not sure what her opinion about Rose) Today I am trying Cabernet Sauvignon.

To be honest this is not the first time I buy it but the first time I try it. Last time I got a 1998 Coonawarra wine for my friend, I had a careful check of the old label though. I had never got a chance to taste it. I know to taste Cabernet Sauvignon the best choice is to choose something from Coonawarra religion which is famous for it. Interesting to notice that Coonawarra religion used to have lots of Shiraz instead of Cabernet Sauvignon.
The lecturer of my Brand Management course said his friend has done an experiment to find out how people choose their wine by manipulating shape of bottle, label colour, label style, Region, Brand and price.
 
Then he measured the importance of the each utility and segmented the customers into four groups. Group 1 focuses on brand and label style and to a lesser degree price and label colour. Group 2 focuses overwhelming on label style and a bit on label colour etc. 

If you are interested in detail you can check the following web link.


I think I am in Group 1 so far because I like the label with the horse picture. lol Haha. But I will get better with my wine knowledge just like what I have done with my Japanese. Improving slowly~
Tomorrow I will have the accounting test and then I am on holiday. I think I probably will not go to Barrosa with my friends for some reasons. Maybe I will go just by myself.
I will also go with the wine course in National Wine Centre after finishing my IELTS test.
Hummm. Now I think it is time to go home and try my Coonawarra wine. 
では、おやすみなさい~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment