Wednesday 2 April 2014

Bird In Hand Pinot Rose 2013 Adelaide Hill

Wednesday is never an exciting day for me as I have an extremely boring accounting lecture and tutorial on that day. Killing time on the accounting lecture is also a tough job for me, reading wine vintages, browsing on the Internet, Facebook. My phone battery went off quickly.

Today, it is a little bit different for me as I am going to visit my friend's new house. My Chinese friend. Normally I don't make Chinese friends for many reasons (not for practicing English plz). Anyway, I only have two Chinese friends here and Helen is one of them. So I was kind of expecting something after my boring lecture.

My plan was to get a bottle of Rose for my friend. When I got to BWS I spent sometime with brands, Clean Skins or Bird in Hand. Normally people behave quite differently when they shop wine for themselves and shop for friends. That is what I have leant in Consumer behavior. Task as a factor has impacts on decision making process. People drink expensive wine with friends but have cheap wine by themselves at home. I went through the same process. In the end I chose the branded wine. $22.99 is not very cheap compared with Clean Skin which only prices at $8.99. I told myself, Helen is your best friend so she deserves that expensive one. I brought the bottle to the counter but the nasty lady wouldn't sell to me as I had no valid ID. Damn it. Do I look like under 18? I think she is just being hard to me. Last week a Japanese lady said I look elder than 23 which is my real age.

So I left the bottle and went to my friend's house in the end. Eventually we had nice dinner in the city. One of my favorite restaurant "chopstix". Every time I went there I thought about my first time tasting "sauvignon blanc" recommend by my friend Junko. If I didn't meet her, probably I would't be writing the wine blog here. Anyway, I had lots of memories there with wine and friends.

So finally I ordered Moscato for Helen and I had Rose. Normally I would have Mojo "sauvignon blanc" but today I had really unpleasant experience in BWS so I chose "Rose" like a revenge.

Overall, I am quite happy tonight. Tomorrow I will have "Apply First Aid" training.

No comments:

Post a Comment